Young Engineers in ASHRAE: What is YEA?
To ensure the future of the Society and the industry, ASHRAE is committed to advancing its programs and services for young members through helping them build their professional foundations. With this in mind, ASHRAE created a committee called Young Engineers in ASHRAE (YEA), for members age 35 and younger!
What can YEA do for me?
We’re glad you asked! To help you develop your skills, grow as a professional and expand your network, the YEA Institute was created to offer a variety of YEAfocused education and networking programs tailored to your specific needs. Whether you’re learning at a conference, attending a leadership weekend or receiving one-on-one advice from a fellow ASHRAE member, the YEA Institute is the perfect opportunity for you to make the most of your time with YEA.
Top 5 Reasons YEA Members Like ASHRAE Chapters
1. TECHNICAL PROGRAMS to meet their needs, like a session on fundamentals or a study group for the PE Exam.
2. MENTORS to young new members.
3. LEADERSHIP opportunities to volunteer for chapter committees.
4. NETWORKING with local experts, innovators and HVAC&R companies.
5. FUN through social opportunities like softball games, golf outings and simply hanging out with friends.
We are always looking for motivated individuals to help come up with opportunities, like the ones above, to enhance the experience of young members as well as the entire East Tennessee Chapter.
If you are interested in joining the YEA Committee, please contact Andrew Bosse at email@example.com.