October Meeting Announcement
East Tennessee Chapter of ASHRAE
October 18, 2017
For our October meeting, Mr. Mike Bilderbeck will be giving us a presentation titled "Case Studies on Engineering Ethics". He will present real ethical challenges faced by real engineers as well as reporting to us on what the NSPA Board of Ethical Standards said about the issues. October will also be Research Promotion Recognition Month for our chapter.
Mike is a life-long Memphian. He graduated from Memphis State University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1980. He started at Pickering in 1980. He is Pickering’s Chief Mechanical/Fire Protection Engineer, and is registered in 23 states.
His ASHRAE activities include:
• Memphis Chapter President 1986-1987
• Chaired the ASHRAE Standards, TEGA, and Technical Activities Committees
• served on Society Board of Directors from 1999-2002
• served on several Standards Appeals Panels
• is a Fellow and recipient of the Exceptional Service Award
• is a past-chair of TC1.7, “Business Practice and General Legal Education”
• currently sits on Technology Council and the Society GGAC Committee
• currently co-chairs Memphis Chapter GGAC Committee
Mike is a member of the Mechanical Engineering Advisory Board at the University of Memphis. He is also a karate instructor for Contender Ministries at First Evangelical Church in Memphis. This will be a technical seminar and PDH Certificates will be awarded.
The meeting will be held at Rothchild's Catering. Come as early as 11:30 for social time, lunch will be served at 11:50, and our program will begin around noon.
In order to confirm your attendance, PLEASE RSVP to Anne Jacoby -firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday October 16th at 5:00 pm.
ONE MORE MONTH TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MEAL PLAN!!
An opportunity to pre-purchase meals for the remainder of the year at the discounted price of $120 will be available at our October meeting. The Chapter now accepts cash, check, credit, & debit cards.