General Meeting Information
Our luncheon meetings are routinely held on the third Wednesday of each month, from September through May. The usual exception is December, when our holiday meeting is held in the evening. Any other exceptions will be posted very clearly on these meeting pages.
Meeting cost is $20.00, unless you are a YEA member or candidate, in which case your charge is $15.00. YEA members (Young Engineers in ASHRAE) are those aged 35 years or less. Cash and personal checks are enthusiastically accepted. Update: Credit cards now accepted!
Members of the Student Chapter eat for free and are welcome at any time.
Our meetings are held at Rothchild Catering in West Knoxville, near Kingston Pike, between the Cedar Bluff and Walker Springs exits of I-40/75.
For the GPS guided among us, the address is: 8807 Kingston Pike Knoxville TN 37923
Check out an online map at this location (opens in new window) Click Here
Meetings begin at 11:45 and consist of a buffet luncheon, brief comments by the Chapter President, and a technical program that generally qualifies as one professional development hour (PDH). We try to dismiss promptly at 1:15, but interested members often stay later to further discuss topics with the speaker and other members. Come as early as 11:15 or 11:30 to socialize!
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
Information for Speakers
We appreciate the time and effort that those who speak expend in order to inform and entertain our chapter! We want to accommodate any need you have – please coordinate with the Chapter Program Chair that has arranged for you to be with us. In general, here are a few key points that will assist your preparation.
1. It is probably wise to arrive at least 30 minutes early. You will find that several of the board members will arrive then as well, so there should be plenty of assistance available.
2. We can furnish a projector upon request – but you have to ask! It will be a standard resolution projector with a VGA input.
3. Please bring all necessary “dongles” that your laptop will require to interface. Presently, we do not have accommodation for sound.
4. You may want to bring your own projector. That is quite allright with us! You will have a screen or large surface to project upon. No need to bring a screen of your own.
5. Your meal is free! However, many speakers elect to prepare their plate afterwards, or simply have a glass of tea.